Friday, December 4

Recipe: Chia Pudding


I first tried and instantly fell in love with chia pudding at La Pain Quotidien when we were living in California. I have since tried to replicate it at home, but it never tasted quite right and so I gave up.  This week I was craving a pudding/panna cotta dessert, but while looking through recipes and seeing the large amounts of heavy cream and whole milk I just couldn't bring myself to make it and so decided to give chia pudding one more try. This recipe was exactly what I was looking for, it's so  delicious and a much healthier alternative to regular puddings! It's also the easiest dessert you will ever make! 










You will need:

1 can of light coconut milk
1/4 cup chia seeds
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbs pure maple syrup 

1 cup of fresh raspberries
1 tablespoon of raw honey

Whisk together the coconut milk, chia seeds, vanilla, and maple syrup. Pour into serving bowls and chill in the fridge for at least 3 hours. In the first hour stir the pudding at least twice so the seeds don't clump. 

Blend the raspberries and honey in a food processor. Once the pudding is set top each bowl with the raspberry syrup or fresh raspberries. 

Adapted from Pastry Affair

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!