i made these burrito bowls for dinner last night. I love making burrito bowls and we eat them on quite a regular basis around here! they are so quick and easy to put together and are a great way to add lots of fresh veggies. i usually use quinoa for the base and play around with different toppings. this was another delicious, fall inspired variation on something we already love.
~ all my favorite things ~
~ avocado crema ~
~ i got carried away and ended up with a huge bowl...good thing it was delicious! ~
~ such a yummy, healthy dinner ~
you will need:
2 cups cooked brown rice
1 can black beans
3 sweet potatoes
1/2 cup non fat greek yogurt
1. add 4 cups of water and salt to the rice, cook for 40 minutes (i used short grain brown rice).
2. peel and dice sweet potatoes. spread them out on a baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. roast at 400 for about 30 minutes of until soft.
3. heat beans in a sauce pan and season with salt, pepper, chili powder and juice from half a lime.
chop and mix the tomatoes with a handful of cilantro and half a shallot. season with salt and pepper.
4. chop the kale into thin ribbons.
5. for the avocado cream: in a blender combine the yogurt, 2 avocados, juice from 1 lime, large handful of cilantro, 1 shallot, 1/4 teaspoon of cumin, salt and pepper to taste. blend until smooth. you may need to add some water if it's too thick.
layer all the ingredients and enjoy!
adapted from love and lemons